Hello and welcome to my website. I’m glad you stopped by.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Blake Smith, and I am the Web Content Doctor.
I am not a real doctor, nor do I play one on television. In reality, I am a B2B web copywriter and lead-gen specialist with expertise in SEO copywriting and content marketing.
My specialty is writing web content for B2B technology companies, particularly IT service providers and consultants.
I am on a mission to cure the online business world of Crappy Content Syndrome one website at a time.
The purpose of my site is to serve as a virtual clinic for readers who have ailing websites with this all-too-common affliction.
Who is this website for?
If you are a professional IT services company or consultant that wants to generate and nurture more qualified leads, you are in the right place.
If you are a business owner or marketer who wants to make more money with your website, you are in the right place.
Because you are here, I am making two assumptions about you.
- First, I assume that you are smart. You won’t find any books for dummies or guides for idiots here.
- Second, I assume that you want to learn how to improve the performance of your web content.
My goal is to help you achieve online business success. Think of me as your strategic partner who can lead the way.
What makes me different?
I am different in two important ways: (1) the training and experience I have, and (2) the system or methodology I use.
First, let’s look at my training and experience.
- I am an English major with a minor in Business. I am also a trained B2B copywriter who learned from the pros at American Writers and Artists, Inc.
That means I can write well. More to the point, I can write persuasively in a business and marketing context.
- I am a certified SEO copywriter. I received my training and credentials from the SEO Content Institute.
That means I understand how to drive website traffic and conversions.
- I have 8 years experience working in IT and web development.
My work experience includes building and maintaining websites with Dreamweaver, and using the content management systems Drupal and WordPress.
As a web developer turned web copywriter, I am proficient in both the English language and the language of the Web.
I blend the human element with the technical, and combine the creative (right-brained) with the analytical (left-brained) approach to write web content that gets results.
How can I help you grow your business?
Next, let’s take a look at my advanced, tripartite system.
Keeping with the metaphor of my title, I designed an advanced three-part system for improving the performance of web content.
- Web content strategy (prevention)
- Web content audit (diagnosis)
- Web content optimization (treatment)
At the heart of this system is the content audit. The content audit allows me to examine your website to determine its condition and recommend a course of action.
Learn how a web content audit can help you achieve more leads and sales.